Thanks for the messages about Marzi. We really miss her, but we know it was the best decision for everyone. When I was choosing pictures of her to post last week, I realized just how different Marzipan looked, even from just a year ago. She'd lost so much weight and her coat wasn't shiny anymore. Tandy seems to be okay, but has definitely become more affectionate and attention-hungry. We're keeping a close eye on her just to be sure.
Anyway, a lot has been happening in the past couple of weeks. Chris' work had a product celebration at the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom last Thursday, and since we had free tickets, we thought it would be no big deal to bring Charlotte along. Obviously, we couldn't go on any rides, but it was a nice break from the Sacramento heat, and we took turns watching her while the other went on a rollercoaster. It went great except that Charlotte got a little too much sun and got her first sunburn.
The next day, my parents and grandparents came into town. My grandparents, Charlotte's only great-grandparents, live in South Carolina and were so anxious to meet the first member of the next generation. Of course, everyone loved Charlotte.
On Sunday, my parents, Charlotte and I drove to our condo in Mammoth. I've loved being off of work and being with Charlotte, but I was having a bit of house-fever, since I've been home every day since mid-May. Unfortunately, Mammoth is at a very high altitude and Charlotte just wasn't sleeping very well (so consequently I was not sleeping very well), so my mom and I drove back to Sacramento on Tuesday instead of today as planned. While at Mammoth, I did manage to take Charlotte in the pool for the first time -- the water was really warm, but the air was not, so let's just say that this experiment was very short lived. We've had a lot of fun since then -- going to the Farmers Market downtown, playing tennis while Charlotte rested in the stroller (we had to stop every so often and put in her "plug" as Chris calls the pacifier), and even going to Charlotte's first movie in the theater (Julie and Julia - very cute). Charlotte did fantastically in the theater and never made a noise the entire time.
And my mom was also nice enough to watch Charlotte on Wednesday night so Chris and I could go out for our third anniversary! I can't believe it's been three years since we got married. We had a great meal and then went and saw a movie.
Next week, we head to Chicago for a work conference (read: free trip to Chicago for me, frequent flier miles for Chris) and then staying at Chris' parents for a few days so that everyone can meet her. Traveling on a plane with her will certainly be an adventure, not only because she's a baby, but because you have to bring so much darned stuff with you when you're traveling with an infant. I found this out last weekend when we went to Mammoth.
Oh and next week, Charlotte will be two months old! I can't wait to find out how long she is and how much weight she's gained. I know for a fact she's gotten much longer because we no longer can swaddle her in the receiving blanket we brought home from the hospital, and there is only about an inch or two max of room lengthwise in her travel crib.
Have a great weekend!! And here's one of the 75 pictures I finally got around to posting on our photo site... :)
I'm glad everyone got to hang with Charlotte for a while, even though the altitude didn't agree with her--something we have in common I think :) We'll have to hang out before you leave for Chicago!
ReplyDeleteThat is one big baby girl. She has grown so much! Hope you have fun in Chicago.
ReplyDeleteWow, you have been busy! That's fantastic. I can't wait to hear how Charlotte's first plane trip and time zone adjustment goes. Happy Anniversary too - I'm glad you guys got to have a nice celebration.
ReplyDelete