Friday, September 25, 2009

Senator Meanie Pants

Hi Internets!

Charlotte here. I don't talk a lot yet, but I wanted to let you know about something important to my mommy and me. My mommy tells me she had excellent doctors and nurses who helped me get born, but that not all mommies have access to good health care.

A mean man out there, Sen. Jon Kyl from some place called Arizona, says that health insurance companies shouldn't be required to cover mommies like mine, who are going to have or have had cute babies like me. And even though Mommy didn't have one, other mommies who have had C-sections can be denied health insurance because it's considered a pre-existing condition. I don't know quite what that means, but it doesn't seem right!

The National Women's Law Center (sounds important!) wants you other mommies or future mommies or daddies, or grammies or aunties, to send baby pictures to Senator Meanie Pants. I did. And I sent a cute picture at that.


Now it's time for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment