Charlotte had her six month well child visit on Monday. I can't believe she'll be six months old on Saturday! I'd like to spend a little time reflecting on the past six months, but it's crazy busy at work, so that will have to wait. My last week of work until January!
As expected, our baby is still super long!
Height: 28 1/4 inches - 100th percentile
Weight: 16 lbs 12 oz - 70th percentile
Head: One huge noggin! Haha, just kidding. Somewhere in the 70th percentile. (17 inches?)
Because Charlotte is one tall baby, we need to buy a new carseat. Her little feet are already sticking out, which provides her with great amusement as she kicks the back of the seat over and over again. We're going to find one that can be both rear-facing (this is required until she is one year old and 22 lbs) and forward-facing. Any of you out there have recommendations?
I talked to her pediatrician about whether or not Charlotte needs to eat when she wakes up at 3 or 4 in the morning. I've been feeding her, but she falls back asleep in about five minutes, so it didn't seem like she's all that hungry. The doctor thought that at this point she's just waking up programmed to eat, so we should try just comforting with a paci or back rub. We did that on Monday night and although she woke up twice in the night, Chris was able to get her back to sleep with the pacifier. I actually woke her up at 7:30! (Of course, I was in a lot of pain, but a small price to pay). Last night, she was up a lot, and was actually talking to herself in the middle of the night until we inserted the paci again. She woke up at 6AM and I decided to feed her at that point. This seems to be going well, so far. Next up my goal is to finally wean her from the swaddle blanket as I'll have two straight weeks off of work and won't need as much sleep. Let's hope two weeks is long enough to break that habit!
I was also informed that I should be feeding Charlotte solids three times a day! I know that Linda at daycare feeds her, but I've been very inconsistent in feeding a solid meal everynight. Oops. (Don't worry, she's still getting plenty of liquid food). On that front, Charlotte has gotten much better at eating solids. Sometimes she downright enjoys herself! So far, she's tried sweet potatoes, mashed bananas, applesauce, and avocado. We'll be trying carrots and peas next.
Here she is enjoying some avocado. Some even got in her mouth!

We have the Britax Boulevard and we love it!! It's rather large... but we have it rear facing in the Forester and it works great! We found it on sale at Diapers.com... who knew!
ReplyDeleteWe have the same carseat as Erin - Britax Boulevard. It's been great. Owen is now foreward facing, but we kept it rear facing for a few months after he turned one with no issues.
ReplyDeleteI love the updates on how the sleep is going with Charlotte. I hope it continues to go well with weaning her from the middle-of-the-night feeding. Very cute picture too!
ReplyDelete