Charlotte got sick again last Friday. Her temperature was up to 102.5 and then hovered between 99 and 100 for the rest of the weekend. She was in remarkably good spirits considering. On Sunday, we noticed that she had a lacey pink rash all over her back. By Monday morning it had spread to her stomach, upper thighs, forehead, arms, and shoulders. The fever, however, was gone.
I looked up the symptoms and thought they sounded like roseola apart from the fact that roseola usually occurs after much higher fevers (103 to 105).
As we're heading to DC tomorrow, I decided it would be good to get her checked out by the doctor. At the doctor's office, Charlotte's rash had turned bright red on her back with bright red splotches on her thighs, legs and bottom. The doctor also thought it was roseola, but didn't diagnose as such given the lower fever. She basically said nothing could be done, it was a virus and would clear up in a few days, but that if Charlotte started getting bothered we could administer a tiny dose of Benadryl. The doctor advised me to give it to her the day before the plane trip because apparently in 5 percent of children, Benadryl causes hyperactivity instead of sedation. Definitely would NOT want that.
In other news, we thought it would be cute to plop Charlotte down in our circular laundry basket. She played with the socks in there and then, unexpectedly, grabbed the sides of the basket and pulled herself up. All by herself! Chris and I were stunned, immediately pulled out the video camera, but she was unwilling to repeat it for actual proof. Typical! Since then, she has basically tried to pull herself up everytime I grab her hands. She wants to stand all the time.
We're off to DC tomorrow. I'm already exhausted.
Poor Charlotte with her rash, but yay Charlotte with her standing up! I hope everything stays well with her, and that you guys have a safe and quiet trip to DC!
ReplyDeleteoh hope everything is going well for you all and Charlotte's rash has cleared up! Hope your trip is going well, let us know how it went!
ReplyDelete