Both of Charlotte's grandmothers asked if the Easter Bunny visited her this year. Sadly, he did not. He knew that she doesn't need anymore stuff, especially after said grandmothers mailed her Easter packages, including the bunny ears! Instead, the Easter Bunny will make an appearance next Spring, when Charlotte is old enough to hunt for Easter eggs and hold on to her own Easter basket.
We made a trip to rainy Oakland to spend Easter with my bestie, K. and her husband. The meal: a ham, lovely sides of mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, delicious wine, and strawberry shortcake (I made the dessert, in honor of "Charlotte aux fraises"). The game: Trivial Pursuit. Guys vs. Girls. The girls won, naturally.
Despite our best attempts, Charlotte is now refusing to take more than one nap a day. I'm not sure why. She also has gone from one tooth broken through at 9 months to three more, in a matter of two weeks. In any case, she's been a bit grumpy at times. I'm blaming the teeth.
She also has had a nasty cold, as witnessed by the snot running down her face. Oops! And she will not stop wanting to climb on everything. Chris lowered her crib mattress as far as it would go this weekend because she kept standing up in her crib and giving us enough worry that she'll climb right out of it. Oh and today? She started climbing up the stairs (supervised, but still!). Chris and I can barely keep up with how fast she's growing and changing...
What a cute little bunny you've got there! That is a great picture of Charlotte and Chris. So adorable. It sounds like's really keeping you two busy!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures, she is SO cute! I love the bunny ears. Glad you guys had a good Easter. Good luck with those teeth. Gosh I hate teething! Good luck keeping up with your fast mover too!
ReplyDeleteI share your pain with having a monkey for a child!!! Lindsey is an avid climber.... stairs, chairs, couches, tables... AND she likes to move furniture to make climbing "easier" (and more dangerous!)
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are adorable- those are some awesome smiles!
We, too, spent Easter with an adorable baby, and played Guys vs. Girls Trivial Pursuit (the girls won, of course!). Parallel universe, I guess...
ReplyDeleteGood gracious... I could never ever say no to those curls!
ReplyDelete