Weekend Leftovers
- Thursday was our fourth wedding anniversary. Chris and I celebrated on Friday by taking advantage of Charlotte's daycare's Parents' Night Out. We met friends for Happy Hour and then hightailed it to Biba's for another delicious meal. Just as we sat down at our table, Chris' phone rang. It was Charlotte's daycare. We both immediately thought that they were calling because she had a fever and needed to be picked up. Thankfully, they were just calling to make sure she could have pizza for dinner.
- Saturday, we decided to check out the Folsom Zoo Sanctuary. We'd never been, but had heard great things about it. It's a place where wild animals are rescued after being pets. They had bears, raccoons, tigers, bobcats, wolves, feral cats, and more. Can you imagine people thinking that tigers would make good pets? This was Charlotte's first zoo since she started walking. It was so cute to watch her walk after the peacocks that just roam around the zoo. As you can see below, she was fascinated by the little cutout of the bear. The littlest bear was just her size!



- After the zoo, we checked out the public library for the first time. It has a great selection of children's books and children's DVDs. We checked out a DVD on more baby signing; Charlotte was in awe when we watched it later. The sheer repetition ought to help with her signing and language development.
- My grandparents stayed over Saturday afternoon. It was so good to see them! They live in South Carolina, so we don't get to see them very often. They haven't seen Charlotte for an entire year, so I know they had fun watching Charlotte toddle around. We're all heading there at New Year's to celebrate their 80th birthdays and 60th anniversary. And somehow, I didn't take any pictures! What was I thinking?!
- On Sunday, Charlotte had some major fussing fits around food. She's throwing her food left and right, even refusing food I know she likes. Maybe it's because she has a bad cold and isn't that hungry? I don't know, but it's so frustrating!
Happy Anniversary. Sounds like a lovely way to spend your weekend! I'm glad you enjoyed the zoo and library!
ReplyDeleteIm so glad you liked the Folsom Zoo! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! That is cool about the Parent's Night Out at Charlotte's day care. Glad you could take advantage. Folsom has a great library don't they? Glad you got that special visit in with your Grandparents. Good luck with the eating!
ReplyDelete