Friday, November 19, 2010

Hugging Goats

I'm working from home today, as I do most Fridays.  I am seriously considering dragging the laptop upstairs to my bedroom because it's so cold downstairs.  I need one of those gloves with the fingers cut off because my fingers are freezing!

But anyway, Charlotte is 17 months old today.  I can't believe she's almost a year-and-a-half old already.  She is just so much fun.  She enjoys books so much more now, although there is only one book that she consistently without fail will crawl into my lap to have me read to her.  It's called Mon Livre des Transports avec Mimi (My Book of Transportation with Mimi) by Lucy Cousins.  Charlotte insists I read it to her everyday -- it's a sort of pop-up book, and she loves it.  (Although I just found out that it's an English author, the book was translated into French, and the Mimi la souris is really called Maisy the mouse -- I think I prefer Mimi).


Anyway, it's just her favorite book. She knows just which one it is in the bookcase based on the spine, and will always go to it first.  The problem is that she's a little too young to know the force she has with the things she can pull and push, so we have to put the book higher up in the bookcase so she won't pull off all the tabs. We'll probably need to get more Lift-the-Flap books with Maisy Mimi as the lead character.
Last weekend, Charlotte and I went down to San Diego last weekend to visit with Charlotte's own Mimi and Papi.  I had Veteran's Day off and decided to take Friday off as well.  We had a great time. The weather was warm and sunny, so warm in fact that I was completely unprepared with my Sacramento winter clothes.  On Friday, we went to the San Diego Zoo.  Let's just see how much has changed in 10 months:


The little spider at 7 Months Old

The little caterpillar at 17 months old
Charlotte still wasn't super in to all the animals, but she did love the petting zoo.

Tomorrow we're going to the mall to get Charlotte's picture taken with Santa.  Here is a preview of the dress she'll be wearing, along with Binky, my parents' cat.


3 comments:

  1. She is such a cute little girl. I wish we lived closer to you so we could visit. We're also planning on taking Amelie to see Santa for the first time tomorrow, although she doesn't have a cutie dress to wear. Charlotte looks adorable in hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Just a thank you for my birthday card and I we loved the pictures on her horse and as a cute little "Bee". So our little "spider" has turned into a "caterpiller" Now. How cute. I love her in her Christmas dress along with Binky. Weather heres been great, we went down and walked the "Boardwalk" along the ocean this morning. Can't believe Charlotte is 17 months old now, we're so anxious to see you all. Talk to you soon. Love. Meme and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys had a good trip to San Diego. How did the pictures with Santa go? I am anxious to hear. She looks adorable in her Christmas party dress. How fun!

    ReplyDelete