On the other hand, I've already finished reading six books since the first of the year, and it's not even February yet! My eReader, the Nook, is kind of addictive. As my friend said about it last week: "It's like giving a crack pipe to a crack addict." I wouldn't know anything about that, but considering I love reading, it can be pretty dangerous to my wallet to have millions of books available to download at the click of a button. So yeah, I'd say I'm well on my way to reading 26 books and probably many more than that.
So what's new besides my
I went to DC for a conference about two weeks ago. I was gone for four full days and three nights, the longest I've been away from Charlotte thus far. It went really well, actually. I missed her of course, but I was happy to hear that Charlotte wasn't nearly as upset as when I went to Dallas last September. In fact, we video chatted every night. She was really cute about it -- Chris would prop his laptop in the playroom, and Charlotte would just play as though I were actually there. I'd ask her to get me a glass of water from her play kitchen, and she'd run over and bring me the glass of water. When I said goodnight to her, she even tried to kiss the computer. It was just so cute.
I made the mistake of telling a coworker that we can still take Charlotte to pretty much any restaurant. That very night we took Charlotte to a local Italian restaurant. It's not a super fancy place, but the other people who were there that night were clearly there for special occasions (an anniversary, a 50th birthday, etc.). Charlotte was okay in the beginning, especially when her food was served early. She ate fine, but as soon as our entrees arrived, she decided that being in her high chair was the absolute worst place she could be at that moment. It also didn't help that the people dining at the table next to ours remarked how good she was being (double karma time!). Whining and then screaming ensued. I took her outside and walked her around while Chris ate, and then we switched places. Ultimately, we decided to just grab our food to go and leave. The lesson here: before what you brag about because it will without a doubt come back to haunt you.
The moms in the Saturday working moms playgroup decided to have a "moms night out" on Friday. Four of us met up, and we found a nice little bistro with a wine bar/lounge attached. It's really nice to get to know new moms, especially without our babies in tow. I was starting to wonder if every mom in Folsom but me is a stay-at-home mom.
Finally, Charlotte has been super cute at bedtime. She has decided she won't kiss either of us unless Chris and I kiss each other first. After we kiss, Charlotte kisses Chris on the lips, then me, and then pushes us together to kiss again -- she actually grabs Chris' neck and my shoulder and makes us kiss. And then repeats the process over and over again until I'm laughing so hard I can't kiss anymore. What a silly goose.
Here's to more updating soon!
*No new pictures. I'm definitely failing at that resolution so far. I did, however, finally order a calendar of pictures of Charlotte from throughout last year, which is funny considering tomorrow is the last day of January. Oh well. I will keep trying!
I am very impressed by your reading! I keep seeing your Goodreads updates and I am wondering how you are doing it! Do you think that the Nook makes you want to read more? I'm glad that your trip was so successful. Charlotte's new bedtime routine is precious. I wonder if we have a Mom's group that just meets on Saturdays for working moms. Hmmm. I'll have to look into that!
ReplyDeleteYou inspired me with your NY resolution post... but knowing you have already read six books...is well..just wow! You are impressive. I'm still working on getting to my NY resolution blog or at least a comment!
ReplyDeleteI also love Charlotte's new bed time routine. Very sweet.
Sounds like things are going great for you right now!! I got a Kindle for Christmas and I'm still on my first book... but I'm thinking that I will be reading A LOT while nursing starting in just a few weeks!!! Can you send me some book recommendations??? Thanks!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm behind on my blog reading, but I have to say that I'm jealous that you've found a working moms play group! I seriously only know one woman who works full time and is a mom... where are all these women?
ReplyDelete