We finally made it up to the mountains to try some sledding. The weather was sunny and warm (around 45 degrees), and we had the best time.
We went to the place where our friends have taken their kids, and it was so convenient. You pay for parking and you bring your sleds. In our case, we rented a sled, which definitely a rip-off, but I couldn't find any for sale down in our neck of the woods (everywhere is now stocked with summer pool equipment). But it worked out great. The snow park has at least a dozen groomed sledding hills in various grades of steepness. Even though there were a lot of people, we never had a problem going down the bunny hill with Charlotte.
I was wondering how Charlotte would deal with snow boots, snow pants, and a ski jacket on, but it didn't seem to faze her in the slightest. For the first time ever, she kept her mittens and hot on willingly (progress people!). Charlotte was very curious about the snow and kept scooping it up and piling it on the sled. She really enjoyed being pulled in it because walking in the snow was definitely a challenge.
Charlotte had an absolute blast sledding. She went down with one of us about a dozen times, laughing the entire way down the hill. After we took a break for lunch, we decided to see if she would let us go down by herself. No worries there! She went down a bunch of times and would shout "more" at the end of each one. Charlotte was probably the youngest child out there heading down by herself.
Here's a little video I made of our day (song: Chocolate by Snow Patrol):
The last picture was taken seconds before she fell out of the sled - it didn't bother her at all! But after that we sent her down on her tummy, which prevented her from falling out.
It was a great day. I hope we have a chance to do it again this year!
Awesome, she looks like she truly loves it!
ReplyDeleteI love the video! It looks like a fabulous day, perfect weather for sledding. I'm glad you guys all had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat video! Inspiring. I'm so glad you made it up and had so much fun. We love that place, it's perfect.
ReplyDelete