We went scuba diving just off the coast, and it was one of my favorite dives yet. For the first time, I saw sharks while diving! And it wasn't just one shark, but at least a dozen. We also saw huge manta rays with ten foot wingspans. It was truly breathtaking to see these giants float by.
Chris and I get a little antsy with too much beach time (Chris more so than I), so one morning we did a two hour ATV tour around the beaches near our hotel. It was a great way to see beaches that would have been hard to get to without very rugged four wheel drive cars.
And on our ATV tour we saw howler monkeys in the trees right by the beach. They weren't howling at the time, although we narrowly missed being rained on by monkey scat.
We took a horseback ride to these exhilarating zip lines, the first of the platforms seemed like it was several hundred feet in the air. There were twelve platforms that zigzagged throughout this canyon all the way back to the resort. When we were done, we steamed in a natural springs sauna, gooped ourselves up with mud, and relaxed in a natural hot springs. It was a fantastic day, even if we have no photo evidence of all four of us looking like the
| You can't see from this picture, but there is a waterfall to my left, and we're much higher than this waterfall! |
Best of all, we went with our good friends, Brian and Angela, who made the trip even better.
Of course we missed Charlotte, but not nearly as much as I expected to. We kept ourselves busy, and tried to enjoy every minute of the precious gift my parents gave us by watching Charlotte. Plus, I knew Charlotte was in good hands when I called and Charlotte didn't even want to talk to me. :) More to come on Charlotte's adventures in San Diego with her Mimi, Papi and cousin Ellie!
Hey Stephanie. Your vacation sounds amazing! I'm so glad you had such a great time and that Charlotte did so well. That is awesome.
ReplyDeleteWOO! What a fabulous trip!
ReplyDelete