I still have about two and a half weeks until my official due date, but it's really strange how two pregnancies can be so vastly different. Last time, with Charlotte, I was done. I was huge, I had major swelling everywhere, and I had major aches and pains. And don't get me started on the number of people who commented on how huge I am. This time around? It's totally different. I've still gained a lot of weight (40 lbs so far), but I have little to no swelling, I feel totally fine most of the time, and I've had no one tell me "you must be due any minute," or "are you sure your due date is X days away?" In fact, I have random people telling me how small I am when I tell them how close I am to my due date. I'm not sure about "small," but I'm definitely not as big as I was last time.
![]() |
| Last Friday at 37 weeks |
The past few weekends have been spent doing a lot of family time, and for that I'm really thankful. We have had three birthday parties during the first two weekends in February (we were invited to a fourth but couldn't make it), and two at the same exact kids' gymnastics place. Charlotte has had a blast with her friends.
The first picture is at Charlotte's friend Elissa's 2nd birthday party; the second is at Charlotte's friend Ava's 3rd birthday party, both at the same place. Charlotte was one of the few kids who was fearless enough to do the zip line (at Elissa's party it was an actual zip line, not the dolphin).
On Saturday, we went up to Echo Summit and went sledding. We were supposed to go for our friend's son's 2nd birthday party last weekend, but poor weather made it impossible. I was itching to go this weekend because a) it was probably our last shot at it before the baby arrives, and b) Charlotte had such cute snow clothes that I didn't want to go to waste. I, of course, being 9 months pregnant did not go sledding, nor did I have any snow clothes to wear anyway. Instead, I wore jeans, a fleece pullover, and a down jacket that had two zippers, so that I could zip it at the top and leave it open at the bottom. It was a bit chilly, but I was warm.
Charlotte was so excited to go up to the snow. As soon as we passed the first bit of snow on the road, she started shouting "Snow! Snow!" and kept on shouting it for the next 30 miles. It was so cute. She also wondered why we weren't stopping.
Once we got up to the sledding hill (our friends arrived at the same time, which was perfect), Charlotte was ready to go. She loved the saucer, and it went so fast, that Chris had to literally sprint in front of her in order to stop the sled. Unfortunately, when Chris and Charlotte went down together on the longer sled, Charlotte fell out and scraped up her face on the icy snow. That sort of ruined the rest of the day, but by then, it was so crowded on the slopes, we likely wouldn't have stayed much longer anyway.
![]() |
| After making a snow angel |
Last night, we did one of those family activities I never thought I'd be doing. We went and saw Toy Story 3 On Ice. Charlotte loves TS3 - she's seen it multiple times streaming on Netflix and Chris' parents got her the DVD for Christmas. When I learned that the On Ice version would be coming to Sacramento, I thought it would be a really fun thing for her, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to shell out the money for it. Luckily, Chris ended up winning tickets in Intel's corporate box at the arena. It was the perfect place for us to sit. The seats were much more comfortable than the normal arena seats, and we had a great view of the action. Charlotte was mesmerized the entire time. She sat on Chris' lap and never took her eyes from the show (meanwhile, I was pretty uncomfortable and tired, so I kept standing up and walking around). Personally, the show was pretty cheesy, but it was worth it to see Charlotte so excited. Chris' mom had knitted (crocheted?) Charlotte an amigurumi version of Woody, so we took it with us to the show. It's really an amazing likeness to the actual Woody, only crocheted. Charlotte held onto Woody the entire time and even made him clap at times.
| Charlotte and Woody |
| Charlotte and Daddy |
| The Toys! On Ice! |
| Woody is watching the show |
| A happy girl at the end of the night. |



Great post! Where in the world are those 40 pounds?? My belly is definitely as big as yours if not bigger. That is depressing! You look fantastic. I also have noticed that stabbing pain when I roll off the couch and get up. What is that?! Ouch!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you guys are getting to spend some family fun time together and hey, at least it wasn't Disney Princesses on ice!
How wonderful! It sounds like you're getting to spend a lot of quality time together before the baby comes. I have a feeling I'll probably feel the same way you're feeling about enjoying the last few weeks of just the three of you. Charlotte is getting so big and is absolutely adorable. I really wish we were closer so we could visit. Maybe we can meet half way for a play date?
ReplyDeleteI received your thank you card in the mail. You're very welcome. I wish I could have been there to celebrate. It made me giggle when I read it because what I made is actually a bib, not a visor. It could probably work as a visor though. =)