Although I have all these stories I want to capture, I don't have the time nor the energy, so I'm collapsing what should be two posts into one.
We had a great Easter. Charlotte's daycare was closed on Friday and Monday, so on Friday, I decided to have her decorate Easter eggs. One of my playgroup moms and her son came over and helped, and it was a lot of (messy) fun. Charlotte apparently loves hard boiled eggs and would eat multiple ones in one sitting if I'd let her.
On Saturday, we took Charlotte to the Easter egg hunt in nearby El Dorado Hills (I heard that the Folsom one had something like 5,000 kids and was crazy). Charlotte participated in the two and under hunt. Since she's almost three, she basically ruled the Easter egg hunt, and collected a lot of eggs. Two of her eggs had special certificates for prizes in them - an Easter cookie "pop" and a little Easter bunny stuffed animal. She kept the cookie pop and gave the stuffed animal to Phoebe. (such a good sharer!)
 |
| This girl needs no parental help like all of the other toddlers! |
On Easter Sunday, we had two families over for Easter brunch. Charlotte and her birthday buddy Samantha (Sam is exactly one year younger than Charlotte) had their own Easter egg hunt in our backyard.
 |
| Samantha's basket was quickly overflowing with brightly colored eggs |
Charlotte wore this adorable dress I ordered on Zulily. When I put it on her, she twirled around and said "I'm a ballerina!"
 |
| Demonstrating her "Ballerina" moves |
|
Chris' mom sent Phoebe an adorable Easter bunny outfit, which she wore most of the day, even if I didn't take a picture of her until the end of the night.
 |
| Check out the cute bunny slippers and bunny hat |
All this to say, we had a very eventful weekend. So eventful in fact, that I noticed that my incision site was beginning to hurt quite a bit on Saturday and Sunday. Up until this point, the pain was lessening each day and barely noticeable. I went to the doctor on Monday to make sure that the incision wasn't infected. The doctor said it looked "beautiful" but that I was clearly overdoing it given that I explained that the pain increased as the day wore on. She said that I need to take it easy for at least the next three weeks. Now, silly me, I thought I
was taking it easy - I mean, it's not like I'm trying to run a 5K or lift weights or anything. I guess the simple act of just going about my day like normal is getting to be too much. It's frustrating because I desperately want to feel normal again and start going on long walks during the day. I've lost 30 of the nearly 50 pounds I've gained, but it's going to be hard to continue that weight loss when I basically shouldn't be doing anything but sitting around. In the meantime, it's back to round-the-clock Ibuprofen and making sure I don't lift our 30 pound preschooler.
No comments:
Post a Comment