Phoebe turned seven months old on Monday!
She continues to be such a sweet, lovable baby. I tell you, I am just soaking in that baby because I know she won't be one for much longer.
Phoebe loves food. She's pretty much devoured everything we've put in front of her with the exception of avocado. The face she makes pretty much says it all. She is not a fan, which is surprising because it's still one of Charlotte's favorite foods (and mine, too). Phoebe is so good at eating that we pretty much don't have to give her pureed food anymore. I steamed up some carrots, cut them up into itty bitty pieces, and she just gobbled them up. She also loves holding on to a piece of baguette or other crusty bread and gnawing on it until it's nice and gooey. The hardest part in all of this is that I now need to be more creative in what I give her.
Despite Phoebe's voracious appetite for solid foods, she's now a wee little thing, at least according to the growth charts (her chunky thighs tell a different story). Chris took Phoebe to the doctor on Monday to get weighed. She's now 16 pounds 1 oz, up about 6 oz from four weeks ago. However, she's now down around the 33rd percentile. Dr. M. isn't worried, but wants her back in the clinic four weeks from now to be weighed again.
I looked back at Charlotte's weight and she also dropped off after six months. At 8 months she was in the 45th percentile after being solidly in the 80th or higher. Of course, she also started out much, much bigger and was always about a pound heavier than Phoebe.
Anyway, back to Phoebe. She is really vocal, and by vocal, I mean loud. Seriously, her happy shrieking is loud enough to make me want to claw my ears off, but when she's upset in the middle of the night and can't be soothed, I feel like my eardrums are bursting! I don't think Charlotte was ever that loud. Phoebe certainly knows how to demand our attention.
As for crawling. Phoebe can army crawl, but only when she's sufficiently motivated to go after something. If there is anything closer by that she's remotely interested, she'll go for that instead. She's mastered pivoting around to get toys, which I guess is either all about efficiency or laziness. Anyway, I'm sure Phoebe will soon figure out that crawling is much quicker. For now, I'm still pretty happy that she's more immobile than not.
Sleeping has been up and down, mostly up. She now has two teeth, although she must handle teething really well because one day the tooth wasn't there, and then next day there it was, jutting out of her gums like it's always been there. All four of us had colds last weekend, and that definitely messed up with her sleeping (see: eardrums, bursting).
To close, here are two adorable videos.
The first. Chris was tickling Phoebe, and Charlotte didn't want to be left out.
The second, Charlotte demands that Phoebe crawl. Right now!
ADORABLE!! You have such a great family. Love the videos.
ReplyDelete