Monday, November 19, 2012

Phoebe Ann Get Your Gun

We stayed at my aunt and uncle's house in the Bay Area on Saturday. Chris and I were invited to my best friend's surprise 30th birthday party in the same town, so it worked out perfectly that my aunt and cousin were able to watch Charlotte and Phoebe during the party. My aunt loved snuggling Phoebe, and Charlotte had a blast following Ellie around. Ellie, who is 14 years old, is so great with Charlotte. When Chris and I went to Costa Rica 18 months ago, Ellie flew down to San Diego to help my mom out while she was taking care of Charlotte, so Ellie and Charlotte have a nice bond.

And Ellie told us a really cool fact that she learned.

Apparently, Annie Oakley's real name was Phoebe Ann Moses.



Now, that's pretty cool considering the middle name, Ann, is spelled the same way, and now we have a new example of a non-Friends Phoebe to tell people.

I'm not sure I ever want Phoebe handling a gun because frankly, guns scare the bejeezus out of me, although Annie Oakley was obviously a performer and sharpshooter than say, a gun-wielding vigilante. And Phoebe and Charlotte's French cousine, Léa, is a top-rated bi-athlete and may be appearing in one of the upcoming Winter Olympics, so who knows, maybe Phoebe will pick up both skiing and shooting (although I'm much more a fan of skiing than shooting, let's be clear).

In any case, I found it really sweet that Ellie remembered that Phoebe's middle name is Ann, and now we have this fun fact. Thanks, Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment