Monday, November 23, 2009

My Guilty Mommy Pleasure

There is this website that I discovered before Charlotte was born.  It's called Mama Bargains.  The people who run this site get ridiculously good deals on trendy things for babies, kids and moms.  I'm not a huge shopper by nature, but the stuff they sell there is so cute!  B.C., I bought a pair of cute Mary Jane shoes that supposedly are good for new walkers.  They normally sell for $32, but I bought a pair for $10 on this site.  I can't imagine spending $32 for a pair of shoes that Charlotte will undoubtedly outgrow in a week, but it was $10, so score!

Okay, so we all know that SIDS is a real threat, which is why you're not supposed to put babies on their stomachs to sleep, nor are you supposed to put blankets or bumpers, or anything that might pose a suffocation risk.  I admit that I've kept the bumpers intact because I figured Charlotte moving and scooting all the time posed a greater threat, and until recently, blankets were a nonissue since it was so flipping hot here.  But now it's freezing outside (freezing for Sacramento, that is), and our house is not well insulated.  Solution?  The Grobag!  It's European!  It's a wearable sleeping bag!  It keeps baby from flipping over!  Okay, the last one is supposed to be a plus (and one of the main selling points for me), but the Grobag I bought on Mama Bargains is for 6 - 18 months, so Charlotte has some room to grow, and hence, flips over very easily. And I bought it for like 500% off!!!  Because you know, you have to spend money to save money, right??? :)

Anyway, I just thought that Charlotte in her Grobag was too cute to not capture on film.




The funniest aspect of the Grobag is that it comes in varying "Togs" from the 0.5 Tog to the 2.5 Tog.  Tog, apparently, is British for warmth?  I bought the 2.5 Tog for the winter (for rooms with temps under 70 degrees Farenheit) and a 0.5 for the summer.  As you can see from the picture, Charlotte doesn't quite fill out the chest of her "Oops a Daisy" Grobag.  As such, she's just too little right now to be a proper Grobag-sporting baby.  Plus, we're still using the SwaddleMe blanket as she has some room to grow there. We also put her quilt over that for warmth. She doesn't flip over, nor does she wiggle to the end of the crib anymore so I feel confident that she can actually have a blanket with her. 

So there you have it.  I've become a crazed online shopping mom.  I check MB quite often because as soon as one item sells out, they post another.  ACK!  Luckily, I've only bought these two items. Thus far.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Those pictures just makes me crack up! The look on her little face and the huge size of the Grobag just make her look so itty bitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Grobag brand but we have some Halo Sleepsacks for Colin. He's never used them since he still uses the SwaddleMe blankets every night. It's good to know that the sleepsacks/Grobags keep them from flipping over (at least in theory). It must be really chilly there! We just put Colin in fleece pajamas and his SwaddleMe blanket...I hope that's warm enough for him! Oh and we use flannel crib sheets for a little extra warmth. I am going to check out that bargain site right now. Thanks for the tip Bargain Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! Nancy put it perfectly: The look on Charlotte's face, her proportion to the GroBag -- priceless. Miss you, have a great Turkey day!

    ReplyDelete