Sunday, November 1, 2009

Charlotte aux Fraises

Happy Halloween!

Charlotte had a great first Halloween. She dressed up as a strawberry! I'm not sure if I've shared this before, but in France the character for Strawberry Shortcake is "Charlotte aux Fraises." A "Charlotte" is a type of cake in French, generally made with ladyfingers. I personally think a Charlotte aux Fraises cake sounds way much better than strawberry shortcake. And fraises (prounced fre as in Fred + zzz) means strawberry in French. So fitting for our little Baby Berry!  On that note, I think a number of you readers have been wondering how "framboise" is pronounced.  It's pronounced "fram" as in jam and boise as in "bwahzz."  I know that in French a lot of words have the "s" silent but when there is an "e" at the end it turns into a zzz sound.

Okay, that's enough of a French lesson.  So without further ado, here's our little berry!!!







The hat was entirely too large, so Mimi (who was here to celebrate Charlotte's first Halloween), made it smaller by using a couple safety pins.  But all in all, a super cute outfit!

3 comments: