Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dear Charlotte,

You are seven months old today! I can hardly believe it. You continue to amaze us more and more each and every day. You’ve had a pretty eventful seventh month. You went from sitting wobbly while unsupported to sitting like a pro. You’ve learned how to crawl! I first noticed it on New Year’s Day. What a great trick to learn to ring in the New Year. You haven’t quite figured out that you can get places faster by lifting your stomach off the ground and getting up on your hands and knees, but I know you'll be there in no time. It's so cute to watch you crawl. You fixate on an object -- a ball, the newspaper, Tandy -- and with such determination you go for it.

Places You've Been this Month:
  • Chicago for Christmas – you’re quite the little traveler! Five roundtrip plane rides so far in your short life (and many more to go this year -- DC in February, St. Louis in May, and Hawaii in July). You enjoyed the snow and visiting with the Berry clan.
  • San Diego for the Martin Luther King holiday – in San Diego, you went to your first trip to the zoo. We stood in line to see the new baby panda, and Daddy picked you up so you could see him better than from the stroller. It was so cute to watch you track the mama panda and laugh and smile. You also got to pet a goat! But don't worry, Auntie Kristen, we didn't let her hair anywhere near that goat's mouth. :)

Fun Things You Do:
  • You continue to love eating solid foods. So far, everything we've tried has been a winner. Sometimes you're so hungry we can hardly get the food in your mouth fast enough!
  • You've learned to grab the spoon and shove it in your mouth. This is funny, but makes feeding you a little difficult!
  • I can sit you in front of my mirrored closet doors and you're so excited! You try holding hands with that baby in the mirror, but you can never quite grab her.
  • One day, you, Daddy and I sat in front of the mirror together. Daddy and I raised our hands straight in the air. You watched us do it and then you raised your hand! It was pretty exciting.
  • When we hold your hands, you pull yourself up to standing. You’ve been standing up while we hold you for a long time, but now we can see just how strong your little legs are!





You are just such a sweet and happy little baby. I was just looking through your pictures over the past few months and can’t believe how much you’ve changed. Your hair is growing longer and filling in, and I don’t know what to do with it! I guess some barrettes are in order next since your hair is out of control! Also, where are those teeth of yours??? Everytime you're cranky or have trouble sleeping, we swear that you're getting those teeth. But no, they still remain just below the surface. Speaking of sleeping, you've been sleeping so well again -- 10 to 12 hours a night, and very rarely do we need to go in and put that pacifier back in because you find it yourself!

Overall, each day is just so much better now that you’re in it. I can’t wait to find out what your 8th month has in store for you.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. She is just too cute. That's a scary looking spider with a really adorable face! I would love to get together again soon. Do you think Charlotte would be up for visiting a museum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's supposed to be Charlotte the spider from Charlotte's Web. Get it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe Charlotte is 7 months old!!! WOW!! She is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sweet post Stephanie. I can't believe what a traveler she is and that you're going to Hawaii - wow, so lucky! She is an adorable and happy baby. You guys are blessed!

    ReplyDelete