Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is Anybody Out There??

Hi Friends,

This is a quick post. Apparently, today is "Official Blogger Delurking Day." I know that there are folks who read my blog, but don't comment! Today is your chance! And to steal an idea (and to sweeten the deal) from a blog that I've been lurking on (until today!), I'm going to donate $1 per comment to the local American Red Cross chapter to help victims of the earthquake in Haiti.

Did you know that Haiti is the world's oldest black republic? It won independence from France in 1804 (thank you history class on French colonialism in college!). It's also the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. The effects of the earthquake have been devastating due to the lack of infrastructure. The more I hear on NPR, the worse I feel and the more I want to help. They have no water, they have no hospitals in Port-au-Prince that are functioning. People have broken limbs (bones literally sticking out of their bodies) and Medicins Sans Frontiers (Doctors without Borders) can't do surgery.

Have I convinced you to comment yet? No?

Well, here's a very poor quality video of Charlotte army crawling on New Year's Day. We have better ones, but we're having technical difficulties downloading/uploading the videos. For now, you'll have to deal with my iPhone video.



Comment and I'll donate. I know I've had people read my blog from places like Berlin, Germany!

*Minimum of $25, I'll donate above that based on the comments!
**I realize that the publish date is for some reason yesterday, the 13th. Actual delurking day is today, the 14th. I'll make my cut off tomorrow night!

12 comments:

  1. I've commented before (and I'm a day late), will you still count me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it! Oh wait, you knew that. Cardinal Health (the company that I work for) is donating tons of medical supplies to the relief effort and is matching employee contributions 100%! We made our donation this morning. This is a great idea Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read every one of your posts! I'm not a lurker, but I love what you're doing. Eric and I made our donation last night. It breaks my heart to see and hear about the situation in Haiti. It might me the pregnancy hormones, but it makes me cry just hearing about those poor people's suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess one could say I'm a lurker. Like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read every post of yours...I love hearing what you're up to and how Charlotte is growing up! This is a great idea, and I'll be donating myself right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome!!! :)

    Way to go Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another great post and great idea Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, um, I'm way behind on reading but I do read! :) I actually spent the past few days taken out by a bout of food poisoning that landed me in the Kaiser ER on Monday night. And the culprit? Lettuce. AGAIN. It's making me very paranoid about eating salads out ever again.

    On a lighter note, I love that you mentioned my first "haircut" at the SD Wild Animal Park at the tender age of two. Keep those lovely locks of Charlotte's safe! Miss you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete