I feel like I don't have a lot of fears, but here are a few:
- When I'm driving in downtown Sacramento and there are a lot of cars on the road, and there is a huge back-up at the light, I have this irrational fear that someone is going to open my car door and grab my purse from the passenger seat. So I've taken to locking my door when someone walks by (I never remember to just do it once I get in the car), but I try to do it surreptitiously, so they don't think I think they're a carjacker, but I totally do.
- Big dogs. I'm afraid they'll run me over or lick me to death.
- Along the same vein, I hate big crowds. I'm always worried that someone is going to steal my purse by doing that whole bump into me while someone else picks my pocket from behind (okay, so this isn't entirely irrational, since in college someone did steal my wallet out of my purse as I sat eating lunch).
- Don't even get close to touching my eyes. When I was in college, I once had an eye exam done at the optometry school on campus (it was $5!) and the optometry student was doing a check for glaucoma or something. While she was trying to touch my eye, I hyperventilated, which caused me to faint. She freaked out and call 9-1-1, which really freaked me out when I came to and there were all these firefighters surrounding me.
- Big trucks on the highway. I barely breathe while I'm passing them because I'm so worried they're going to just jump out in front of me.
That's the same reason I lock my car doors! Except I am mainly afraid that they are going to carjack me.
ReplyDelete