Once I got home yesterday, I demanded that we go out for pizza. I was still starving, despite my cupcake indulgence. But I think the cupcake ultimately was a bad decision because once I ate some salad, I started feeling really nauseated and could barely eat any pizza. Oh well, pizza leftovers for lunch today!
I'm eleven weeks pregnant today. The past two weeks have resulted in some major stomach expansion. I tried on some pants that fit two weeks ago, only to find that I could barely zip them up. Luckily, I saved all of my maternity clothes, so out came that trusty belly band. Also? What am I going to wear to our friends' wedding next week? I have a dress that fit, albeit tightly, a week ago, but will it still fit a week from now?
Here's a picture of my favorite girl, who, by the way, astounds me by the new words and things she learns every single day.
| Little diva says "Cheese" every time we put a camera in front of her, which makes the beginning of videos sound pretty funny |
- Transition Charlotte to a "Big Girl Bed" - we have the headboard, footboard, toddler rails, and sheets, we just need a twin mattress and comforter. I'm excited about this, but all nervous
- Get Charlotte potty-trained. Seriously. This girl sits on her little potty and exclaims "I did it!," but never actually goes in the potty. She also demands a "tissue pwees" and wipes herself, even though she never goes. It's pretty cute, but I'm about to get super serious about this one, even if it means extended naked time.
- Get rid of that damn pacifier! We haven't had any more tantrums about it, but she's still as addicted as ever. She's also addicted to her little baby "banket" but at least that one's not ruining her teeth.
- New furniture for the baby's new room. We were lucky to get all of my old furniture for Charlotte's room, but this means we need a new dresser and bookshelf for the nursery.
- Blackout curtains. The nursery, which is currently unoccupied, gets pretty bright in the morning. The plantation shutters just don't do the job.
- New closet shelving for the nursery. The existing shelving is all white wire and is really impractical. It's hard to hang up anything. Plus it's ugly.
- A lot of organization overall. We have all of our suitcases in the nursery closet, so we'll have to find somewhere for those to go.
- Research strollers that have those handy toddler seats in the back.
- Find a full-time preschool/daycare for Charlotte to start at when she turns 3, thereby opening up her spot for the new Berry at Miss D's.
Good thing you have many months to cross things off your list! One of my friends swears that a few days with a naked bum will work. I am looking for any signs that Amélie is ready to potty train. I'm enlisting my potty training guru mom when the time comes.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading this post, Steph. I love lists! Yours is a good one. It will be fun to cross most of these things off. Potty training is slow going with us too. I have also heard that just switching to underwear for a 3-day weekend will do the trick. Good luck with everything and I look forward to hearing about how things get crossed off!
ReplyDelete- Maggie (issues with commenting with my Google Account)
Hi Stephanie- Congrats on your news. I am so excited for you and Chris and Charlotte. I am guessing Grandma doesn't know yet, as she has not said anything to me. I will keep informed here!
ReplyDeletelove aunt we(anonymous)
ReplyDelete