We had the genetic testing ultrasound last week, and it was pretty exciting to see the little peanut stretching his/her legs, moving his/her arm near his/her face, and being jolted by the ultrasound wand. It really made me feel like I was actually going to have a baby again. We have a ton of pictures, but I'm just too busy/lazy to actually scan them onto the computer. Suffice it to say, we think he/she is adorable. :)
We've scheduled the "big" ultrasound for Monday, October 17, so we still have a little over five weeks to go. I really don't feel like I'm hoping for one or the other - I truly mean it when I say that I would be equally happy with either a boy or a girl. On the one hand, it would be fun to have a boy, since we already have a girl. On the other hand, I love my little girl so much and would love to have another. Chris would like to have a boy since he has all these dreams of playing basketball and baseball with him, but who knows? Charlotte could get into basketball herself or we could have a boy who has no interest in sports.
As for Charlotte, we are working on our pre-baby list. We bought her an adorable comforter, pillow sham, and sheet set from Pottery Barn Kids and just today, her new twin mattress and box springs were delivered. We haven't set it up yet since Chris has to deconstruct the crib first to get it out of Charlotte's room. We did let Charlotte sleep with her pillow last night, and she was in.love. Who knew that a "big girl" pillow would elicit such excitement? I think we're both scared about her actually being in a bed. We have toddler rails, but I just know it's going to be hard to make her think of the bed as the place to sleep and not have fun. When we picked out the mattress Charlotte had so much fun running around and flinging herself onto the mattresses. She'd lie down for a second and then pop up and say "Wake up! Wake up!"
We've been trying to coax the idea of getting rid of the pacifier, but it really hasn't worked. We have a present for her if she agrees to let the "Paci Fairy" take away her pacifier, but to no avail. Every day she says "Oh popeyes are for babies," but then at night she can't give it up. Yes, she calls her pacifier a "popeye." We'll keep trying.
The other super fun thing we've started doing is taking Charlotte to gymnastics. She's in the "tumble-bunny" class for one and two-year-olds, and she absolutely loves it. It's a parent participation class until the kids turn three, so Chris and I generally take turns wrangling Charlotte. Charlotte's getting really good at being patient enough to wait her turn on the trampoline (even asking us "my turn now?"), and last week, she even climbed the mini rock wall all by herself. Charlotte's somersaults have also vastly improved in just three weeks. The one bad part? She asks if we're going to 'nastics every.single.day, and gets upset when we tell her that it's not Monday yet. But it sure is fun.
This weekend? I'm hosting Saturday playgroup at our house and then we're hoping to head up to the berry farm on Sunday to do some berry picking. I've been wanting to go forever, but we had a late spring/winter so the berries weren't even ripe until mid-summer.
Glad to hear everything went well with your ultrasound. Can't wait for October 17th!!
ReplyDelete