I had my doctor's appointment this morning. Somehow, I still ended up gaining two pounds in a week. Kind of crazy. My blood pressure was a little higher than normal for me, but still well within an acceptable range.
The doctor checked me and said that Phoebe's head is really low and that I'm still 3 centimeters dilated and about 50% effaced. She asked me what I wanted to do. I said I'd rather not be induced, but that I was ready for it, if that's what she suggested. The doctor decided to do a non-stress test and an ultrasound to get a better picture of what's going on.
They had me on the monitor for about 20 to 25 minutes. I had two contractions during that time (neither painful, but very noticeable) and Phoebe's heart rate looked great the entire time.
Then the nurse did the ultrasound. It was great for my mom to see, since she's never seen a live ultrasound before. The nurse checked my amniotic fluid levels, which are normal and nothing for alarm. We could see Phoebe's cute squished chin and lips, as well as her little hand up near her face.
The placenta, which is anterior (meaning it's right at the top of my belly) looks okay, but is a little calcified, which happens around this late stage in the pregnancy.
All of this bought me a couple days. The doctor wants me to email her on Wednesday morning to confirm that the baby hasn't come yet, and then we're to come in Wednesday evening. Apparently, she's on call that night and wants to be around. So it would be seem that unless Phoebe decides to come sooner, she'll make her entrance into the world no later than Thursday, March 15.
On a side bar, Chris and I will not be disappointed if Phoebe is big like Charlotte (with maybe a slightly smaller head). We chatted with the nurse who had two big babies over 9 pounds each and one, her last, at 7 and a half. Her 9 pounders, like Charlotte, were sleeping through the night at 3-4 weeks old, whereas it took her 7 pounder something like 11 weeks to sleep longer stretches. Of course, it's not guaranteed that we'll have a good sleeper, but I feel like Charlotte's size was a contributing factor.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for labor to at least start today! Of course there is no connection, but Tucker's labor started on a Tuesday night and he came out on a Wednesday morning- which just happened to be your birthday too!!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping for the best for you too! I'll be thinking labor thoughts for you. Perhaps she'll decide to surprise you before going to the hospital.
ReplyDeleteAlso, how wonderful that your mom could be there to see Pheobe in the womb. Very special. :)
Oh, and I love the name!
So excited!!!!!! Come on Phoebe!!! :)
ReplyDelete