Sunday, March 11, 2012

Nursery Reveal

Yes, I'm overdue (two days at this point). It's hard not to feel completely defeated when the date you've had in your head for 9 months comes and goes.  I feel like I've tried every old wives' tale in the book to get this baby to come, but she's content for now.  I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon, and we'll likely be talking about induction.

Anyway, here is our nursery.  And since the wall decal is too cute to not include in the pictures, we're going to reveal Baby Berry's name - it's Phoebe (middle name still under discussion)!  Yes, Charlotte chose her little sister's name, and the more she said it, the cuter it sounded.  Obviously, it was already one of our top names, so it's not like she named her something that we hated.  We all love the name Phoebe. I'm really curious at this point to see who this little girl looks like.  Will she be another Chris clone, or will she look at all like me? Either way, I'm pretty sure she's a cutie.

We painted the area below the chair rail a color from Lowe's called "Coral Blush." It turned out a little pinker than we thought it would, but we still like it a lot. The changing table and crib are reused from Charlotte's nursery.

Up close of the crib and name decal.  Chris' mom sewed the crib bumper and crib skirt. It looks really cute, and I love the teal color.  I ordered the name decal from this Etsy seller. She's very affordable and has really cute options. It was so hard to choose which ones to get.  It was a little hard to get the name centered and leveled, but it was pretty easy once I got the hang of it.

Here's an up close view of the crib bumper, which is in six pieces around the crib. Chris' mom put a really soft teal felt fabric on the inside of the bumper, as you can see on the left. We found a pink crib sheet from Buy, Buy Baby to have a little contrast with the teal.  My mom bought Phoebe the adorable lamb, which has soothing sounds such as womb sounds, rain, whale sounds, and others.

This is a custom butterfly mobile that I ordered from this Etsy seller.  You can order them in any number of colors, but I chose lavender, iridescent, and silver. I really like how it turned out. When a little breeze hits the room, it looks like the butterflies are flying.

Now to the other side of the room, and the new closet organizers.

We bought the dresser at the closing of a baby store that sold really nice furniture.  I switched out the plain, white knobs for these pretty coral and aqua knobs I found at Anthropologie.  We ordered a short glider to go where the bouncer is currently, but it won't be ready for about a month. The P wall decal actually came with the Phoebe wall decal, but it didn't look right underneath the Phoebe script, so we decided to put it here instead.  It's hard to see in the picture, but the framed photo is of New Zealand lambs, and I "won" it in a silent auction about a year and a half ago.  

The outside of the closet. I ordered the mum decals from Etsy as well.

One side of Phoebe's closet.  Three drawers, three shelves, and a bunch of cubbies.

The other side of the closet with three hangers, and a shoe rack that hasn't been set up yet.

And there you have it, Phoebe's new room!  Now, all we need to complete the room is a baby!

5 comments:

  1. Cute nursery!! I love the name Phoebe! Hopefully she will make her appearance very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, it looks fabulous! I have to admit when I heard you were doing peach and teal I pictured something sort of 80's in my mind. This is so different than that! It's so sweet and bright and clean looking in there. You guys did an awesome job. I love the mum decals! The closet looks great and I love the cute knobs. AND the name Phoebe is great. Very cute and original! Come on Baby Phoebe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute - the nursery and the name! I love the teal. And you shouldn't feel discouraged! You're keeping her safe and warm while she finishes her last-minute growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Great job with the room!!! :)

    ReplyDelete