Charlotte just finished her second two week swimming lesson boot camp.
Her teacher, Miss Gabby, was just what she needed. When Charlotte started crying because she was cold or didn't want to do something, she just smiled and made her do it anyway.
And I am amazed by the progress over the last two weeks. We got her goggles, and those really made all the difference. Before, she was afraid to even put her face in the water. Now, she's almost fearless. And the best part? She's actually swimming!!!
Yesterday, they spent the entire class in the deep end of the pool (13 feet deep). Charlotte swam all the way to the lane divider with almost no help.
When it was time to go off the diving board, she did it with zero hesitation.
Here she is jumping off the diving board (sorry for the poor quality - I couldn't upload it to YouTube directly from my phone, so I had to email it to myself and do it from there.)! I'm a proud mama. She was the youngest one in her class, and while she still has a ways to go, she's made such amazing progress in just two weeks. When I asked why she has so much confidence now, she told me: "Because I'm four, Mommy, that's why! I can do a lot more things now." Yes you can, darling, yes you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment