Chris and I went to my 20 week appointment with my ob, and everything looks great with Baby Berry. She's growing just as she should be. Apparently, the ultrasound technician gives the doctor all the measurements, but does not write down the gender because they don't want to be wrong. My doctor said that there hasn't been a single time in her experience that the u/s technician gave the wrong gender, and as we've seen from the photos, our little girl is not shy.
Then the doctor measured my belly and took the baby's heartbeat. The baby's heartbeat was hard to find because every time she tried to get a reading, the baby would kick! And of course that started me laughing, which also disrupted the reading. Afterwards, my doctor said: "Wow, that baby is lively. I know it's always reassuring to have a lively baby, but you might be uncomfortable after a while if she's moving all the time."
Which of course brings me to the latest development -- feeling the baby kick! For a few weeks now, I thought I was maybe feeling the baby move, but it really hasn't been until last week that I knew for sure. I guess the best way to describe it is little gas bubbles, but coming from a different place than normal. It's definitely a trip! She's not kicking hard enough that you can feel it from the outside, but I'm sure that will change soon.
And if Baby Berry is growing just as she should be, so am I. At 20 weeks, I'm halfway done with this pregnancy, and I've gained, I'm embarrassed to admit, 20 lbs! And I don't quite understand it, considering I've been walking about an hour at a time, and yesterday, I walked so much while we were out at in Fol.som looking at houses and going to a certain baby super store that I literally started waddling my feet hurt so much. I'm also not eating a ton more than I usually do. But the doctor doesn't seem to be concerned and thinks I might gain most of my weight in the second trimester. Oh well. I'd write more, but it's time for dinner. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment