Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a .... (drumroll please)....

Today, which has been an amazing day all around due to the inauguration of Barack Obama as our 44th President, is made even more wonderful because we had our long awaited ultrasound. The ultrasound technician was very by the book and wouldn't let us know if the baby is okay or not okay (I only take the pictures, the doctor will review), but we'll know for sure this Monday when I have an appointment with my obstetrician.

Once the technician was done taking all the photos for the doctor to review, she finally let me have a look at the computer screen. Baby Berry was moving all around, very lively, with its bottom in the air most of the time. And then we got a clear look at the "parts" and there's no doubt that she's a girl! I think we're both head over heels over the revelation, but I was so positive it was a boy that I asked the ultrasound technician if she was absolutely sure. However, looking at the pictures, it's pretty darn clear that it's a girl. :)

I'm trying to figure out how to scan the photos so I can post them here, but we've got some great ones, including a very clear photo of one of her perfect little legs.

Needless to say, we're very excited but we'll both feel much better once we know that everything's okay...

UPDATE:

Here are some of the first pictures of our little girl...
Her legs are up in the air, near her head, so it's easy to see the gender!


Here, both of her hands are up by her face -- Chris did a demonstration before I was actually able to look and I couldn't stop laughing. The u/s technician got kind of annoyed.


Look at the perfect little left leg - kind of creepy to see her leg bones...



Here she is sucking her toes...

Mouth is open

Bye everyone, see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Je pense que notre future petite fille est la plus mignonne de toute la framboise patch. She's berry adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is adorable. I have to agree; she is the cutest frambroise patch baby I've ever seen. =) It's amazing what you've made, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beautiful Baby Berry. We're so happy to see you and can hardly wait to hold you in our arms.

    You have a beautiful Mom and Dad. They love you very much.

    Keep growing stong and healthy. You have a "4 legged" cousin who can't wait to play with you.

    See you in June...Love, Auntie Peg, Uncle Tom and Mickey :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics and I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete