Wednesday, September 21, 2011

She Did It!

I've mentioned before that Charlotte likes to sit on her little potty, wipe herself with toilet paper, and shout, "I did it!"  Of course, up until now, she's never actually "done" anything.

Well, today I took to the baby boards with a question on how to get Charlotte to actually urinate in the potty.  Someone mentioned getting a little cup of warm water and pouring it down her belly button. I was willing to try anything, so tonight before bedtime, I tried it.  Charlotte thought it was really funny: "There's water down there!" but again, nothing happened. So I decided to give up for the night, get her in her diaper and get ready for bed.  But Charlotte started crying, "I wanna go pee pee in my potty," and nothing would convince her to go to bed.

Instead, I grabbed a few books, she sat on the potty, and I read to her. It was during the third book that Charlotte turns to me and says, "I going, Mommy. I going!" And sure enough, she went! We of course made a huge deal out of it, and Charlotte was so proud, she exclaimed over and over "I did it!"

Then she said, "I wanna do it again."

I said, "We'll go again in the morning."

Charlotte nodded. "Okay, Mommy. When I wake up, I go pee pee in the potty. Okay?"

Okay, Charlotte, okay. :)

4 comments: