Friday, December 9, 2011

Third Trimester Already?!

Suffice it to say, this pregnancy has flown by.  Today marks 27 weeks and exactly 3 months to the day until D-Day.  I feel I owe it to this baby girl to document some of this pregnancy. So here's a self-portrait at 27 weeks, taken with my cell phone in our master bath. I think I look much smaller than last time. Or maybe it's because I'm further away in this shot? What do you think? Or maybe I'm just carrying much lower?


I'm feeling great now that I finally had a dose of antibiotics prescribed to me last week.  After 4 plus weeks of hacking all the time, I was dying for some relief.  They seem to have done the trick, as my cough is pretty much nonexistent.  I do, however, have a lot of congestion, but I think that can be attributed to the insanely dry weather and general pregnancy symptoms.  Other than that, this has got to be the easiest pregnancy ever. No back aches, no trouble sleeping, and no swelling (to date).  I do have Braxton Hicks contractions all the flipping time, which are strong enough to stop me in my tracks, but I don't have them more than the troublesome 4 times per hour.  Also, the coughing fits were causing a number of BH contractions, so the OB checked things out, but there is no indication of any signs of pre-term labor. Phew!

So yeah, three months to go.  I feel like we have so much to do before Baby Girl makes her appearance.  We have picked out our paint colors, and Chris' mom is going to sew the bedding.  They're coming out next week, so we can figure out fabrics and all of that.  The plan is this - a light coral/peach paint on the bottom, and a bright vanilla color on top.  The fabric will be a light teal or aqua.  We bought a dresser at fifty percent off when this nice baby store went out of business, so that was really exciting.

Charlotte is getting more excited about having a baby sister.  The other day she was sitting in my lap as I was getting her shoes on, and she felt the baby kick her back in protest. I asked if she felt it, and she said "yeah on my back!"  So I think that made it more real for her.  And she's so cute when she says that her baby sister will use her old crib and some of her old clothes.  She has also named her baby sister.  We read out a list of names we're considering, and Charlotte has glommed on to one name in particular, Phoebe.  We like the name Phoebe obviously, as it was on our list, but I'm not sure it's the name yet.  However, anytime we bring up another possibility Charlotte says "No! Phoebe!"  Uh oh. What have we gotten ourselves into?!

So that's about it!  Next week I have to take the dreaded glucose test again. I just have to remember to give myself enough time between lunch and taking the test so as not to cause what happened last time.  Because the three hour test is NO fun. Think non-sugary thoughts for me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors you are planning to use in the nursery! I have to agree with Charlotte that Phoebe is a really cute name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are bucking the trend I've noticed by actually looking smaller this time! Every other mom I know who's on her second (or more) actually look quite a bit bigger when comparing 1st and subsequent pregnancies at the same time point. And I agree with Julia--the colors are going to be amazing!

    Good luck on the glucose test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, this is bad. I think I am as big as you. I am sorry to hear about the Braxton Hicks contractions - that sounds annoying. But I'm glad that is your only pregnancy complaint. I can't wait to see how the nursery comes together. It sounds great. Please post lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete