I would list all of the things she's learned over the past six months, but I wouldn't know where to start! Her vocabulary grows with each passing day, and it never ceases to astound Chris or me when Charlotte says something that we know she didn't learn from us. Last week, she stood in the middle of the kitchen and shouted: "And I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down!" We've never read her the story of the "Three Little Pigs," so I know she learned that at Miss D's. And when Charlotte helped me bake Christmas cookies, she took a bite of cookie dough and squealed, "That's delicious!"
Both her enunciation and her pronunciation are not the best - I think part of that stems from the fact that she touches her tongue to the roof of her mouth all the time, so she has quite a lisp. And it's strange the things that she can't pronounce. She can say "Mommy" clearly but the word "milk" comes out something like "nyoot." I'm not sure at what point we should be concerned about her speech, but she does make progress - "nyoot" used to be "nyah." And Charlotte talks so incessantly that we're not always sure what she's saying without considering the context in which she's saying it. Only then can we usually figure it out.
| Dancing at the Moms' Club Holiday Party |
She's excited about being a big sister, but doesn't quite seem to grasp the concept that her baby sister's Mommy and Daddy are also her Mommy and Daddy. That might be an unwelcome realization when it happens, especially her love of being the center of attention for every adult she encounters.
| Our little monkey making monkey faces at the zoo |
Finally, I worry about how things will change when the new baby comes. Life is pretty great for our little family. Each and every day Charlotte makes us laugh and smile. I know this new baby will as well, and I just hope that Charlotte won't be too upset and that she knows how much we love her.
| Moving the candy cane to the number 19 on our advent calendar |
Charlotte is adorable! Love her sweet red jumper! Very cute for Christmas. My Charlotte turned 33 months yesterday. This is such a fun age. Happy Holidays to you and your family! Oh, congrats on passing the glucose test. Enjoy all the wonderful sweets around this time of year.
ReplyDeleteIsn't crazy how fast time flies? All I can say is that is goes FASTER after Baby # 2 arrives!!! Charlotte is absolutely adorable- I can't believe how grown up she looks. :)
ReplyDeleteMy two close friends had concerns about their children's speech and through their pediatrician they were able to get referrals for free screening. One is now in speech therapy 1x a week and the other one is on "watch" as they wait and see if he works through it on his own. Insurance along with the county program cover the cost. I also know that the public school district has to provide services for anyone in their district- even if they aren't school age yet. Trust your instinct... if you are worried, or if Charlotte gets frustrated that other kids and adults can't understand her then I would suggest talking to your pediatrician just to see what your options are.
So glad you passed the glucose test!! Bring on the TREATS! :) Merry Christmas!
Where did our baby girl go? I hardly recognize her in the dancing picture. Can't wait to see her tomorrow. Joyeux noel!
ReplyDelete