Thursday, March 12, 2009

Goodbye 1, Goodbye 2, Hello Love*

So today I am officially 27 weeks pregnant and yesterday was exactly three months until my due date. You know what this means? Hello Third Trimester!

And to celebrate, my body has decided to grace me with new, horrible pregnancy symptom #503** -- raging, hellfire and brimstone heartburn! Yesterday was particularly bad and was set off by, what else, my berry oatmeal. Uggh, my esophagus was en fuego almost all morning until it subsided at lunch, at which point I decided to eat Thai food and it started up again. Note to self, pack Tums to have on hand at work!

Anyway, here are my 27 week pictures. 13 weeks to go!

I'm wearing my prenatal yoga clothes, so please don't mind the odd get-up.


No, that is not some grotesque growth on my belly, simply my finger pointing to my belly button, which is halfway to being an outie.

On the good news front, we received my glider/recliner today! I can now watch TV without putting five pillows behind my back. The bad news is that the matching ottoman is out of stock, so I'm using an end table from Ikea to prop up my feet, which isn't very comfortable. Chris put the glider together, and the cats have been very curious. You can lock the glider in place, so it doesn't move, but I am so afraid the kittehs are going to trap their paws in it as it's gliding back and forth.




*This blog title is to the tune of some montage song in the musical Chorus Line, except that the real lyrics are "goodbye 12, goodbye 13, hello love." You get the idea.
**I made the number up, it's probably something small and boring like symptom #10. Still this may be the most annoying symptom yet!

1 comment:

  1. I love your haircut! It looks very flattering on you. You look great all around. Congrats on the third trimester. I like your glider...where did you end up getting it? I see Tandy really likes it too!

    ReplyDelete