Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Conversations with a Two Year Old

I wanted to get down these recent conversations with Charlotte before I forget them. They're from the past month or so.


Me: Blech. This heartburn is going to kill me.
Charlotte: I hate heartburn!  Do you need some medicine? Let me go get you some medicine.

(Charlotte is lying on my bed watching some TV. She pulls the comforter over her.)
Charlotte: Mommy. Look! My tummy is moving. Baby Sister is in there!
Me: Really? I think Baby Sister is in my tummy.
Charlotte: Oh. Yeah. That's right. Angela is having a Baby Sister too.
Me: Yes, but she's having her own baby girl, not Baby Sister.

(It's raining when we pick Charlotte up from daycare last Friday night. Chris has mistakenly put the wet umbrella on the backseat, knowing that our friends will need to sit there.)
Me: Oh no! You put the umbrella on the seat!
Chris: Oh great. That was real smart thinking, Chris.
Me: It's not too bad. It should dry before we pick them up.
(A pause, for about a minute.)
Charlotte: Maybe you should get some towels to dry it up!
Me: Why yes! That's an excellent idea, Charlotte!

(About five minutes later. We're driving to a daycare place that is hosting a Parents' Night Out for Intel staff who are going to the Intel Winter Ball (i.e. the Intel Prom).)
Charlotte: Where we going, Mommy?
Me: To another daycare. You're going to have pizza there and make some new friends!
Charlotte: I like pizza. In a highchair or a booster seat?
Me: Huh? No, this isn't a restaurant, Charlotte! You'll be able to sit and eat at a little table, like the one you have at home.
Charlotte: Oh. I like little chairs.

I can't remember what she was saying this morning, but it made us both laugh hysterically.  She cracks us up, multiple times a day.

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! My two year old talks non stop all day long and I love it! We have such fun conversations. My daughter comes out with something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she thinks all pregnant women must be having Baby Sisters too because she is getting one :) She's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed these. Great idea to write them down before you forget.

    ReplyDelete