Since last Thursday, a whole week, Charlotte has been in big girl underwear (we have a mix of Mickey Mouse and Tangled if you were curious). She's done great - since Sunday, she has had zero wet accidents. D said that at daycare, her Pull Up has been dry at naptime. And if we get Charlotte up early enough, she'll be dry in the morning too. This is awesome!
Unfortunately, since Sunday, she has also not pooped. I'm getting worried. It's been five days, and she's home with me today. This is not going to be good. Her poor tummy has got to be hurting. But for some reason, she just has some anxiety about going in the potty. Oy. I just don't know what to do to convince her that pooping no the potty is so much better.
Phoebe/Recovery Update.
I also wanted to let you know that Phoebe is doing great. She's 8 weeks old today, and she is establishing a pattern of sleeping from 8PM until 4AM and then sleeping until about 8. It's fantastic! Her tummy problems are pretty much over, and she's only fussy in the evenings because I think she actually would prefer to go down for the night earlier, like at 7.
I bought a BOB Revolution Jogging Stroller last week at REI because Phoebe passes out whenever she's in her car seat and when Charlotte's at daycare, I'm able to walk for at least an hour at a time. I've been doing long walks in the Snap N Go stroller frame, but it's not really suitable long-term, plus the wheels are so small that every sidewalk crack seems like a huge bump. Oh, why did I not buy the BOB stroller sooner, like when Charlotte was born? It is simply amazing. It's like floating on air. And with the car seat adapter, it's perfect for jogging and walking with Phoebe. I love it. I've been on two hour-long walks this week, and one jog/walk.
Speaking of jogging, I tried a solo jog two weeks ago, and within seconds, I had to stop. My incision site was hurting almost immediately. It was very disappointing and frustrating. But then last Thursday, when Chris' parents were in town, I tried jogging again. Success! No pain, other than the soreness that comes from not having run for about 10 months.
Big Sister Update.
Charlotte still loves being a big sister. She wants to hug and hold Phoebe all the time. And as I've mentioned she's become very nurturing toward her baby doll. The other day, she actually mimicked me breastfeeding, but she says that Phoebe gets her food from my tummy. And she likes talking about how Phoebe used to be in my tummy and came out of my belly button. Pretty funny.
Charlotte just graduated to the 3 year old class at gymnastics. This means no parent participation. She'd been the oldest in the 2 and under class for quite some time, and I think she was getting bored because she'd get super distracted. The preschool class does a lot more actual tumbling, and it requires that the kids listen to the teacher. We start next Tuesday.
oh, Charlotte! Poor little girl. I wish I had some suggestions, but we're not there yet. It's been on and off for us and not pressuring Amélie.
ReplyDeleteYay for jogging and no pain!! I love our BOB jogging stroller too. Awesome, right?!
I can't wait to catch up some more and see you next weekend!! Are the girls coming? We'll be baby free, so we can party. =) See you soon!
Oh I hope Charlotte has gone #2 by now!! It sounds like there is a lot of great progress to be proud of in the #1 area though. Great job! I'm so glad to hear that Phoebe's gas pains are pretty much gone and that she is sleeping so well. That is awesome!!! And good for you for getting out and jogging. Woo hoo!
ReplyDelete