I had a great Mother's Day, or as Charlotte referred to it as, "Mommy's Day." First thing on Sunday morning, we can hear Charlotte singing something from her room. When I opened the door, she Charlotte started jabbering on about Beauty and the Beast and then ran down the stairs to get my card, which is one of those cards that play music. In this case, it was "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast. It explains why Charlotte kept asking me if I remembered that song all weekend, while Chris tried to (not so subtly) change the subject. :)
Anyway, Charlotte and Phoebe got me a beautiful stamped metal necklace that has both their names on it and their birthstones (pearl for Charlotte and aquamarine for Phoebe). Chris got me a pair of beautiful aquamarine earrings. When Charlotte was born he got me a string of pearls, so it's so nice to have something on the same theme. We went out for a lovely Mother's Day brunch and then spent the rest of the day running some light errands and enjoying the beautiful weather.
| Dancing with Charlotte |
And as of yesterday, Phoebe is two months old! She surprised us that night by sleeping 10 straight hours - from 8PM until 6AM. Thank you, Phoebe! Of course, I woke up around 5 in a panic and rushed into her room to make sure she was okay. She didn't repeat it last night, but put in two solid 5 hour stretches.
Today Phoebe had her two month well baby visit. Here are her stats:
Height: 24.75" - 99th percentile
Weight: 11 lbs 13 oz - 77th percentile
Head circumference: 15.25" - 49th percentile
By comparison, Charlotte was 25.5 inches and 13 lbs (her head was much, much bigger). So Phoebe is definitely smaller, but not by much. She had to have her first set of shots today, and it hurts me so much to see her in pain and screaming. Right now, she's zonked out in the bassinet in our family room.
Hmm, let's see. What happened in her second month? Smiles, cooing, major interest in ceiling fans, her swing, and her bouncer. She's lost a lot of hair on the top of her head, but still has plenty in the back. If it looks like she's got reddish hair, she doesn't. It's just some oh so lovely cradle cap. :)
| A smile! Don't mind the bouncer's bar. |
| A smile for Mommy |
That's about it. Phoebe is attending her first wedding on Saturday (Charlotte will be staying with our friends), and I splurged and bought a really cute dress at Janie and Jack. And when I say "splurge" I totally mean bought on sale. Still, it's more than I would normally spend on a baby's outfit. Ahh, I so love their simple, classic clothes. Pictures will be forthcoming.
Happy Mommy's Day to you! Charlotte and Phoebe are so cute and so is your lovely dress! I love Janie and Jack and rarely ever pay full price for anything! They really do have great sales!
ReplyDeleteAwww...I can't wait to see that cutie in her new dress! Happy Mother's day, Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you are doing great! Phoebe is adorable!! Love the pictures! :)
ReplyDelete