Phoebe did great the entire time. She pretty much slept in her carrier about 75% of the 7 hours we were gone. The dress I wore was one in which I couldn't nurse Phoebe, so she got some bottles of pumped milk instead. She even amazed everyone by sleeping through the freezing ceremony and then during the very loud dance music. And she was so tired by the time we got back to Kristen and Todd's house that I couldn't even wake her up to nurse her. Unfortunately for us, she is the world's loudest sleeper, and Chris and I got pretty much no sleep with her in our room, despite the fact that she slept the entire night. And this is, once again, why we don't co-sleep. I'm not against it in theory, but Phoebe grunts constantly in her sleep, and I am a very light sleeper.
Charlotte had a great time with Kristen and Todd. Their neighborhood was holding its annual block party, complete with bounce house and enormous pumpkins (strange to see in May). We are so lucky to have such great friends who love our girls.
![]() |
| A neighbor of Kristen and Todd's grows gigantic pumpkins |
I am also happy to report that Charlotte has had no accidents in over a week (well, for going Number 1, that is). She's gone #2 once in the potty, but pretty much still holds it until she's wearing a Pull Up at night. She keeps saying she has to go, but then doesn't. Oh well, apparently, it's a very common problem, I've been reading. She'll get there.
We've been telling everyone that what's exhausting is not our newborn, but our preschooler. Phoebe is easy to get to sleep - we swaddle her, rock her a little, and that's it. She doesn't even want her pacifier 9 times out of 10. Charlotte, on the other hand, is in the stage of stalling bedtime. Bedtime takes nearly an hour with her. She loves her routine and will get upset if we deviate from it at all. So if Chris or I put her pillow sham on the floor instead of her, she'll remember 10 minutes after we shut the door and cry that she didn't get to do it. Or if Tandy's been accidentally locked in her room, Charlotte will cry and scream like it's the worst thing every. Her latest is to tell us that she's "drinky" which is her word for thirsty (and totally cute). And of course, Charlotte is constantly negotiating extra stories during bedtime. I mean, I love that she loves stories, but yeesh! Once I go back to work, I will have to start this whole routine about a half an hour earlier. The past two days, she's come up to our room, earlier than we want her to. I think I may have to get one of those clocks that glows green or red or whatever to let her know when it's okay to come into our room. Finally, because Charlotte is potty training and has this tendency to run away and have accidents either in her room or outside or in a corner, we've been watching her like a hawk. This is exhausting in of itself. Still, she's pretty great and fun to be around - just tiring!

I am right there with you. This age is very tiring. Nap time is a long process like one hour to get her down and the same thing again at bedtime. My husband and I fall into bed at night as we are so exhausted. And potty training, well we are so not even there yet, really not even close. We'll get there. I agree, they are so sweet to be around, just tiring!
ReplyDelete