I'm a little late in posting things (I'll explain why in a future post), but our sweet little girl is ONE!
I can't believe that a year ago, Phoebe looked like this:
And today:
Phoebe and Charlotte shared a cupcake on Phoebe's actual birthday, Friday, March 15.
Phoebe really enjoyed it and ate her entire half (so did Charlotte).
On Saturday, we had a few people over for lasagna, more cupcakes, and drinks. The weather was perfect! Mid-70s and partly sunny.
Here's Phoebe in her birthday outfit, being held by Auntie Christina!
Phoebe enjoyed the food on the coffee table so much that Christina started calling her "Feed Me" Phoebe.
She actually stuck her hand deep into the spinach artichoke dip I made and then shoved her hand in her mouth. It was delicious, but for some reason, people didn't eat it after the grubby birthday girl called dibs.
And then it was cupcake time again. Phoebe had eaten so many chips and Pirate's booty, along with lasagna, so she was too full to eat too much of her cake. Instead, she had fun obliterating the cupcake with her hands.
It was a great party!
Phoebe is undergoing a lot of transition right now (I'll explain why in a different post). She's already pretty much weaned off the bottle and formula, but I'm not sure if she's getting enough whole milk, because she really wants to nurse, especially in the morning.
Phoebe is getting better and better at standing. She's got great balance and can stand unsupported for a long time before gently sitting down. We got a new walker and she just zooms all over the house with it. I think she'll be walking in a few weeks - she certainly seems to have the motivation.
It's amazing to remark how different Phoebe and Charlotte are. Charlotte is so easy to smile and her smile lights up the room. Phoebe, while a very happy and snuggly baby, just doesn't smile as much. It's also much harder to get her to just smile for the camera. It's not that she's upset, she's just more observant I think. I think she just wants to take everything in. She's also much more adventurous than Charlotte - she climbs onto the couch, she climbs on top of the little piano, she tries to open any cupboard she comes across and pull out the items inside- she's definitely more of a thrill seeker, although perhaps that has something to do with the fact that she sees what Charlotte's doing and tries to imitate.
I took her to her 12 month well baby visit on Monday.
She weighs 21 lbs 4 oz (75%) and is 30 inches long (77%).
She's pretty similar to how Charlotte was in length, although Charlotte weighed over 2 pounds less than Phoebe.
Phoebe was supposed to get a blood draw to check for anemia, but because she has a cough, we'll have to go back in a new weeks to do it. She did get 3 shots yesterday, which left her pretty cranky and tired. Overall though, Dr. M. thinks she looks perfect.
As for me, I'm definitely wistful at how big our little baby is. Her hair is getting longer everyday and it's starting to curl at the ends. She's outgrowing cute baby clothes. I just can't get past how fast this year went. It really doesn't seem that long ago that we were coming home from the hospital. Pretty soon we'll have to replace the infant car seat with a big convertible car seat and that will pretty much be the last infant item we'll have in the house besides the crib. On the other hand, it's pretty amazing to see her changing and growing right before our eyes.
Phoebe, you're the sweetest, prettiest thing I've ever seen. Thanks for making the last year so wonderful.
Love, Mommy
Happy birthday Phoebe! I'm glad that you had a nice party and got to taste some artichoke dip. Yum! You sure looked pretty in your special outfit. I hope we get to meet you someday. I have a couple of little girls who want to be your friends.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Phoebe! Love the purple tutu. :-D Can't wait to see your whole family soon!!
ReplyDelete