Monday, March 2, 2009

Hold on Tight

Chris and I spent another weekend searching for things for Baby Berry. I think this little girl is going to stimulate the economy all by herself!

The goal for the weekend was to decide on paint colors, find a crib, and buy a rocker/glider. Despite going to 5 different stores over two days, we were able to solely accomplish the paint colors.

Armed with the comforter from the bedding set (which I absolutely love -- the back is a very soft, velvety teal blue and I wanted to find a paint color that matched), we headed to Lo.we's. Lo.we's is my preferred hardware super store over the Home Despot, as Chris calls it, because the people there actually seem to know what they're talking about.

We knew we wanted two colors -- a bright yellow and a teal blue -- but of course we quickly became overwhelmed by the sheer number of paint color in both of those colors. So after perhaps an hour (an hour!!) of comparing colors, we decided to order up 5 samples (3 in varying shades of yellow, and 2 in blue). While the paint guys were mixing the samples, we went in search of crown moulding. Well, Chris did. I got held up in the wallpaper section. And found the most adorable wallpaper border to break up the yellow and blue (it will act as a chair rail).

Behold, these pink Mommy and Baby Elephants, titled, appropriately "Hold on Tight":

This is with the crib bedding.

And here's another shot this time showing the back of the comforter (the picture doesn't do the colors justice).

And because I checked out the wallpaper book, we also came across this border called "I See Spots."

We're still trying to decide between the two borders, but I think I'm leaning towards "Hold on Tight." It's adorable and I love the white ears with the pink and chocolate brown polka dots.

I'd post the paint samples that we painted onto one wall, but the lighting doesn't work and the existing orange paint is too distracting.

Anyway, I'd love to get your feedback! And if anyone has some suggestions on where to get an overstuffed armchair that's not overly expensive, I'd really appreciate it. We want the rocker/glider downstairs, but wanted a chair for the nursery to read books to baby in (this one does not have to rock).

2 comments:

  1. Cutie! I think both wallpaper borders are really adorable. Although... I am a sucker for the big polka dots. Target actually has some really nice gliders. Try checking out their site here: http://www.target.com/gp/search/191-5047262-2918968?field-keywords=gliders_nursery&LNM=gliders_nursery&CPNG=Furniture&AFID=google&LID=26964604&ref=tgt_adv_XSGO0326.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore les éléphants roses!

    ReplyDelete