Thursday, April 30, 2009

The End of the School Year

When you were in grade school, weren't the last few weeks intolerable? Now, to be perfectly honest, I loved school, but I couldn't help but be SO excited for the end of the school year to come. Sure, it came with finals, but it also came with end-of-year parties, yearbook signings, and the prospect of a carefree summer with no responsibilities. No wonder children can't concentrate at this point in the school year, as my mother and all teachers can readily attest!

It just dawned on me that this pregnancy is EXACTLY like a school year. Of course, in my particular case, my pregnancy actually coincides with the traditional school year. It started sometime in early September and ends sometime (earlier I hope?) in mid-June. And just like the start of the school year, I was excited, energized about being pregnant at first. Then, mid-way through, I sort of got into the swing of things and accepted that I really was pregnant. Now, six weeks from the end, I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER! I'm antsy, I can't concentrate on anything, I have June 11th circled on my calendar, and I'm counting down the days (42 to go baby!). And I imagine that at the end, when I just want to throw in the towel and maybe take an incomplete, I'll have to pull an all-nighter to get it done (and no, I've actually never pulled an all-nighter, I cherish my sleep). This time, instead of working for that "A" grade, I'll have a cute baby girl to love. And I'm betting my summer vacation won't really be much of a vacation this time around, although it will be nice to be off work for 4 months.

On a side note, it will have been 10 years on June 9th that I graduated from high school. Amazing to think that I might be a mother by that point!

And yes, I do need to take another belly shot. Many of my shirts simply won't cover my ever-expanding belly, but at this point, I refuse to spend more money on maternity clothes. I'll just have to make do for a few weeks more.

No comments:

Post a Comment