Thursday, May 28, 2009

38 Weeks

I just got back from my 38 week appointment. More progress has been made toward C-Day! Gina, my nurse practitioner, did a pelvic exam/cervical check and Holy Hell did that hurt! But I guess it hurt because I'm now a full finger dilated and 60% effaced. She was able to figure out where the baby's head was and determined that Charlotte is at -2 station. Basically what this means is that the baby's head is 2 centimeters down into the pelvis. When the baby is at 0 station, she is fully engaged. Gina said that the baby could come at any point, so we'll see! My guess is still sometime the week of June 11th, but you never know. Gina didn't estimate how big the baby is, but she said "wow that belly is all full of baby!" And it's true, I don't know what baby parts are poking out these days, but it feels like she's everywhere!

This is also my first week of maternity leave. It's been going well so far. I have a list of things to do to keep me occupied, but it's also horribly hot outside, so I've been limiting my errands to a couple things a day.

For your amusement, here's the list and what has been crossed off so far:
1) Find childcare for Charlotte
2) Deposit checks and rolled coins
3) Donate books to library
4) Buy breast pump
5) Clean out closet
6) Clean out cupboards in bathroom
7) Install carseat
8) Buy storage container for outgrown maternity clothes
9) Organize computer room
10) Get oil changed in car
11) Buy lamp shade for nursery
12) Buy Father's Day Cards
13) Make Labor Playlist for iPod (suggestions welcome!)
14) Buy/plant flowers for backyard
15) Buy baby swing
16) Photograph the nursery

I'm sure there are plenty of others to get through, and obviously all the absolutely necessary things (like installing the carseat) have been taken care of. It would be great if I could get the childcare question taken care of, but since I won't need it until October, I'll still have time once Charlotte arrives.

In any event, we'll certainly keep everyone posted!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are moving right along towards C-Day! How exciting! Thanks for putting your list up...it sounds like you're making great progress on it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labor playlist for the Ipod? Now that's something I can help with. I'm swamped with reunions for the next two days, but I'll try and get some things together while I'm in San Diego...if you can hold the delivery off that long! :)

    ReplyDelete