Thursday, June 4, 2009

39 Weeks

Hello Friends!

Today marks one week until my due date! I can hardly believe it. I'm feeling pretty good and just wondering when Little C. is going to get here. This week: I've walked about 2 to 3 miles a day in hopes that the swaying (ahem, waddling) will move her down; I've also swept and scrubbed the floors; baked blueberry muffins and homemade roasted tomato basil soup. This is more than I've walked in months, mostly because it really hurt a lot. Strangely, it doesn't seem to hurt much when I'm walking now. Now, before you think I'm nesting, I did do the cleaning and cooking all in one day. This wore me out, and that night I slept about 10 hours and then took a nap the next afternoon! So I'm not sure that nesting has actually been happening; more like being restless.

The weather has been cooperating nicely and this has been a huge help to my mood. It has been in the mid-70s all week. I think that if it were a 100 instead, I would be begging for this baby to get here! Last night, I didn't sleep that well because we had a freak series of thunderstorms (this is very rare for Sacramento, particularly in June). Chris joked, as we were watching the flicker of lightning around 12:30, that I was not allowed to go into labor right then because he didn't want to drive me to the hospital in the storm. However, I was secretly hoping something would happen so I would have this great story to tell Little C. when she was older. Alas, I'm still here, holding strong. Charlotte is one happy girl, moving around like crazy. I'm trying to convince her that the real world is pretty nice too.

Friends are taking bets on when Charlotte will actually arrive. My friend Brian had today, June 4th, as the day, but I'm thinking that's just not possible. The next guess is Sunday, the 7th. My guess is for Tuesday, June 9th, which also happens to be my friend Angela's guess. Chris is still holding out for June 21st, which is his birthday and Father's Day. Nice try, Chris. I will be one grumpy girl if she's still not here 10 days after the due date!

In any case, I'm trying to stay positive about all the great "Me Time" I'm getting to enjoy right now. As a perfect example, I was up from about 3 until 4 when the storm really gained force. I went downstairs and watched some TV, while poor Marzipan skulked around (she was so scared by the thunder that she insisted on hiding in the cabinets with all the pots and pans). I was able to eventually get back to sleep and then slept in until 9:30! I have no idea when the last time I've been able to do that. And goodness knows, sleeping in will be a thing of the past once she gets here!

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you're getting all of this walking in and other quality "you" time. It sure does sound like some strange Sacramento weather you're having! How is the nursery coming along? I'm still waiting for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Marzie! Addy and Snowball don't much like the thunder either--Beau doesn't seem to notice :) Keep up with the walking and you'll shake her loose yet!

    ReplyDelete