As you may have guessed, Charlotte has not yet decided to grace us with her presence. The stripping of membranes didn't do a whole lot in terms of jumpstarting labor, but things are happening, which gives me hope that she'll be here within a few days. At the very least, my doctor is encouraging induction by 1 week overdue, although I definitely hope I go into labor on my own.
I'm definitely bummed that she didn't decide to come while my mom was still here. My mom was really hoping to be here for the birth (I was delivered by c-section a week late due to my mom having high blood pressure), but I guess Charlotte has other plans. In any case, it's been nice to have someone around during the days to keep my mind off getting more and more impatient. Yes, I know that I will miss the "quiet," but you circle that date on your calendar and in your head for 9 months, so it's definitely frustrating when it passes you by. In fact, all day yesterday as we were out and about, I would see the date and couldn't believe that the day had finally come.
So my parents and grandparents leave for Vancouver tomorrow to start their Alaskan cruise and Chris' parents are going to be in Las Vegas over the weekend. I'm betting, knowing my luck, that she'll arrive when they're all incommunicado.
Oh well. I'm feeling pretty good (but this is the first time I want to NOT being feeling good!), so I'll just keep plugging along.
She'll come soon--Brian and I will play Settlers with you all weekend if we have to, and you won't be able to build so much as a road :) Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWe just got back from our vacation and I haven't checked email in a week! I've been thinking about you and wondering if Baby Charlotte had arrived yet! Hang in there...we're thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteAt least you know that your doctor won't let you go too much longer... the end is in sight! Come on Miss Charlotte!! Everyone wants to meet you!! :)
ReplyDeleteSending you baby-birthing dust!! It is obviously going to be soon, but hopefully sooner than soon! :)
ReplyDelete