Charlotte is four months old today. I can hardly believe it. It's a total cliché, but time is seriously flying by! Our baby girl seems to be discovering new things she can do every day. She has mastered rolling over from back to tummy. I'll put her down on her activity mat, and the minute I turn around she's flipped on to her tummy! She is also getting better and better at her hand eye coordination. On Saturday, we went to Total Wine to stock up, so we placed her car seat on top of the shopping cart. While Chris was salivating over the thousands of wines in the store, I would get my face really close to hers (the car seat was much closer to my eye level) and she would grab my nose! Very cute. She also has her first stuffed animal friend - a very long and skinny bunny that's easy to grab on to.
Friday is her four month appointment, so we'll find out then how long she is. She'll also have to get more fun shots. Boo.
Charlotte holding on to her new friend, Bunny.
Charlotte standing up with her cute BabyLegs on. Taken this morning from my iPhone! It's not the best quality, but it sure is convenient.


Happy 4 months Charlotte! Yay! I had read your earlier post on her waking at 2:00: my book that I base our life on (ha!) is called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth and he states that the middle of the night waking can become a habit and that they don't need it; therefore he states that putting them to bed earlier is supposed to help. He said that the earlier bedtimes will keep them relaxed longer and they will sleep longer (more sleep is better sleep). It's the opposite for adults, in that we need consistent sleep, but less of it to get by. Anyway, it has been working great for us and Little P. hits the sack about 6:30-7:00 each evening (but she fusses and freaks right out any later than that) and she goes to about 4:30 or 5...takes a 15 minute feed and then goes out until 7:00. The book suggests a 7:00 or so bedtime for optimum night sleep; but I also know it is hard when the parents only have a little time in the evening to be with baby! Arg! The gist of the "program" is that they will stop night wakings if they get good naps during the day and go to bed early. It has worked for us so far, but I know every baby is different. Anyway, just wanted to weigh in with my 2 cents in case it might help. PS, I love Charlotte's Rainbow Bright legs! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Megan for your advice! Charlotte does get sleepy these days around 7PM, but it is hard because both Chris and I work. We'll have to try it out.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte is really rocking those leggings :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Charlotte! She is so darned cute. That is so cool about the new bunny friend she has and grabbing your nose. I can't wait for those things!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute!! I love the Babylegs. I just ordered 2 pairs of organic wool ones for my son. I had to buy the plain ones because my husband would freak out if I put "girly leg warmers" on his son...silly men.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the first comment about "early" bedtimes per Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. But beware: Weissbluth is a proponent of true CIO -- leaving the baby as long as it takes with no checks or consoling, which I feel is cruel and dangerous. And breastfed babies often wake up 1-2 times per night, truly hungry, until they are about 9 months old. I've followed the Weissbluth model for sleep timing, and my son has always had very consistent naps, bedtime no later than 7:30, and wakeup around 7 AM, but he has never come close to sleeping through the night. He's 8 months old and until very recently he was waking up 2x/night to nurse and YES, he was really hungry. He eats a lot during the day (nurses & solids), but human milk production is highest at night and that's when he's calm and able to focus on nursing the most. In the past few weeks the wakeups seemed to become more about habit, not hunger, so we did some gentle sleep pattern modification. Now he's sleeping 5-6 hour stretches, which is the longest he's ever slept in his life.
Before you put your baby's car seat on top of the shopping cart again, please read this: http://www.woai.com/content/troubleshooters/story/Car-seats-in-shopping-carts-become-a-dangerous/r8L5T6EXd0mw29A5OjCsaw.cspx